V/Line N Class Locomotives (DOO)
During 2007, most N class locomotives began to undergo overhaul which introduced many new features such as; LED markers, removal of horn ropes, CD players, modern speedometers, optimisation for 'driver only operation' and as of 2015, ICE radio compatibility. This has also included the development of multiple new liveries and gauge conversion to run on the standard gauge Albury line.
The N's feature dual cabs and a head end power diesel generator and have been used in passenger service since their delivery, but occasionally led freight services before V/Line's privatisation. Mechanically the N's and the A's are pretty much identical, the only difference being that N's have a head end power generator, A's do not.
All of the N's were built at Clyde's Somerton, Victoria plant.
(Thanks to victorianrailways.net for the information)
Thank you to:
• Zec (S301) for his tireless scripting work for all of AT's locos.
• Aaron (Azervich) for building the bogies.
• Richard (Scratchy) for helping with the weathering on a few of the skins.
Features on this locomotive include (of which some can be switched on or off via the 'properties' menu):
• Automatic running numbers (unless specific version).
• Custom name and emblem scripting.
• Changeable marker light settings (Using the VR Set Train Lamps Rule, available on the DLS).
• Visible directional sand.
• Toggle switch to choose if the crew are either visible or not, which will change cab depending on direction.
• Automatic working windscreen wipers.
• Toggle switch for illuminated number boards.
• Toggle switch for cab lights.
• Toggle switch for external lights.
• Animated head end power fan and sound.
• Animated dynamic brake and engine fans.
• Animated windows and doors.
• Animated coupler and mesh swap for hose bags, compatible with other rollingstock/locomotives fitted with ACS coupling system.
• Authentic sounds including brake squeal, flange squeal, air brake and compressor sounds.
• 4 levels of detail to ensure good PC performance.
• Use of environmental, specular and normal maps to give realistic looking textures.
• Custom cab view - not entirely prototypical but based off of multiple photos and diagrams.
Colour schemes include:
• V/Line Crimson Mk3 (07)
• V/Line Pass 'Grey Cab' N468 (08)
• V/Line 'Cheeseburger' (09)
• V/Line 'Cheeseburger' Faded (15)
• V/Line PTV (17)
*Please note, these have only been designed and tested for TRS19 SP2 (PC) and above ONLY. Even though they are compatible with T:ANE SP2/3, we cannot guarantee they will work in earlier versions of Trainz and provide no support for people attempting to get them to work in earlier versions of Trainz.